Thursday, March 18, 2010


Have you ever thought how much negative speech creeps into your life?

Mike and I were talking on the way home from the Y. He said he was going to try and reword things that he normally says in a negative way to a positive.

For instance, instead of saying to the girls "No, you can't do that." say "Here are some things you CAN do" It got me thinking because I feel like I say NO all the time.

No, you can't climb on the back of the couch.

No, you can't swing the cat around by her legs.

No, you can't jump from the top bunk onto the floor.

No, you can't wear that size 5 dress when you are now a size 8.

I think you get the picture.

I am going to try and make a point to say more positive than negative.

You can climb on the swing set outside instead of the couch.

You can hold the cat nicely or put her down.

You can jump on your mattress from the top bunk.

You can wear the dress to play in while we are home.

Positive speech.

I'll give it a try

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Thank you so much for this post! I needed to hear this so much today. I feel like you do, that I'm always saying "no" to everything. Hopefully, I'll be able to put this in to practice, atleast I'm willing to try. Bunches of love to the girls for their Birthdays!