Wednesday, December 30, 2009

SNUGGIE TIME


My husband got the gag gift of the year this year~~ a Snuggie.





Yeah, yeah I know. He keeps telling me I need one and I say if I need one I'll take his:0)

We were sitting on the couch watching TV and he looked over and said something so sweet about us being married. I responded to him by saying, "Thank you for choosing to be married to me."

I've been thinking a lot about the words we exchanged last night. They were simple yet honest.

There are so many married couples today that aren't choosing to stay married. Oh, they have plenty of excuses. Most of them a 5 yr old could blow holes through.

I can't stand to hear "We just fell out of love." If you want to get my blood boiling just say those words as you are CHOOSING to walk out on your spouse and child(ren). That falling in love thing is a myth. That's right you heard me~ A MYTH.

LOVE is not about falling anywhere it's about putting that person AHEAD of your own comfort and your own needs. It's about fixing supper when you feel like you have a 50 lb weight on your back and you just want to sit down.

It's about not spending the money you don't have just to make yourself feel better for 15 minutes. It's about doing what the other can't do for themselves without complaint or condescending attitude. It's about living through richer and poorer, sickness and health and CHOOSING your marriage above it all.

My marriage started off hard. I was selfish and insecure. I still am sometimes. I was immature and unwilling to compromise. I still am sometimes. I know that I can be a pest and unreasonable. I am flawed and I know it.

After over 18 yrs of marriage I feel like I have learned a whole lot and I have a lot more to learn. My prayer is that I always to choose my marriage and that I am continuously looking to the needs of my husband. Because he's as much a gift from God to me as my children. And I love him dearly.

No comments: