Monday, May 7, 2007

IMPROMPTU LUNCH DATE

Trev wanted to go to church with a friend of his yesterday so we left an hour early for church and took him to church. No big deal it was just a little out of the way and we got breakfast before we headed to our church.

After church we went to pick him up and his friend's mom met us at the car and said, "I hope you don't have any plans for lunch because I just picked up lunch for everybody and heading to my house." We said okay and we were on our way.

Have you ever come away from a situation and said "That was a total God-thing!!" Going to their house and spending the afternoon was a Total God-thing! I talked with friend's mom about how God has worked in their lives. I picked her brain about a mentoring/discipleship ministry that she does. She challenged me spiritually, she encouraged me spiritually. She was a breath of fresh God air!

She loves the Lord. She loves spending time with Him. She lives what she knows and she shares what God has taught her. She was not harsh or judgmental, she just shared her life. She even brought out old journals and shared from them what she had been through in the past couple of years.

Mike and her husband had a good time of fellowship, also. The kids had fun, too! It was just a relaxing, growing experience for me. I was challenged in a few areas that I need to focus on and she just gave me oodles to think about.

Loved every minute of our visit yesterday. There is nothing like a God-thing!!

No comments: