Tuesday, April 10, 2007

No, you can't live at dance class!!!

Crazy, crazy day today!!

We are still without our van and I have to say I am impressed at how we are able to juggle everybody's schedule with one vehicle. I had to take Mike to school this morning and Trevor had to work so I was on the road for about an hour this morning.

The girls and I ran to Kroger for a few items and let me just say~~~ whoever thought it was a wonderful idea to make tiny, junior size shopping carts DID NOT have two little girls that like to push them. We started out good~ except for almost mowing down a couple of little elderly women on the cereal aisle.

We finished up there and headed home. I just casually mentioned to Abby that her last dance class was today and Daddy and I were going to get to watch her perform "Peter and the Wolf". I had no idea that a panic would ensue!!

She started saying things like, "I want to live at dance class!" "I'll miss my friends!" "Mommy, I don't want dance class to end!" "Please let me live at dance class!"

Her very wise older sister (by two years) calmed her down by saying, in a kind of psychiatrist sounding voice, "Now Abby, I felt the same way when it was my last dance class. You will get to start back in the summer. It won't be as bad as you think. You can see your friends other places."

Well, there you go! What do they need me for? I felt like just the chauffeur today, folks, just the chauffeur.

No comments: