Tuesday, August 30, 2011


*The font has gone all wonky on me. Sorry about that:)
Ok...I need a shower. I have 500 projects I need to finish or start on but I need to get this story blogged because I want to always remember it.

Last Wednesday, my Daddy had to go into the hospital for a heart procedure. My brother had picked me up the night before and drove the rest of the way in to my parents house. It was late when we got there and even later when we finally got to sleep. We also had to get up early so what I am trying to get at is~We didn't sleep much the night before.

Well, let's back up to Monday when we experienced a 5.8 earthquake here in the DC area. Freaaaakkkkyyyy!!

Anyway, I was fine Monday about the earthquake. Honestly, we were driving back from IKEA and didn't even feel it. We heard it on the radio but people were standing all over the place as we were driving through town and when we got home there were pictures knocked over and the cabinets were open in the kitchen.

That's the back story. Let's move forward.

My Daddy had to have tests before his surgery so we were there pretty much all day long. My brother & I went down to grab a bite to eat for breakfast while waiting. That's when it all started.

You see we were having some great discussions as we usually do and all of a sudden I thought to myself, "What if we had another earthquake?" I could feel myself getting tense as we sat there talking. Then my brother casually, out of the blue, says, "Do you feel that? I feel a tremor or something." Y'all~~y'all. Oh, y'all, I almost wet my pants.

My brother didn't say anything about it but I probably went as white as a sheet and I jumped up and grabbed my purse. I don't know where I thought I was going but I was going to be ready.

We walked around for a minute and then we headed back up to the Cardiac waiting room. I could feel myself getting more panicky by the second and I knew if I didn't calm down it might get a wee bit ugly. So I did what I always do when I need some help I started praying. (by this time my brother had my ipod on and was oblivious to the hot mess that was sitting beside him:)

Anyway, after a few very, long minutes, I knew I was going to need some help. I got on my phone and started texting Mike.

This is what I sent and the response:
Me: Pray for me I feel a panic attack coming on. Seriously
Michael: Your going to be o.k.
Me: I really feel like I am going to have one. I'm all hot & I feel sick.
Michael: It's going to be alright.
Me: I'm really freaking here.Please pray.
Michael: O.k.

After that text exchange I started feeling better. I was able to feel myself relaxing and able to be calm.

Imagine my surprise when I got a text from Mike later saying that he had been outside for the last couple of hours. I questioned him about the texts and he said they weren't from him. They were from Shelby. I cried. Because those texts from my daughter was exactly what I needed to hear. When I looked back on them I realized they weren't Mike's style of text but I didn't pick up on it at the time. I just knew someone was praying for me.

The next day, when I got home, I asked the girls about the texts and they said they stopped what they were doing and prayed for me. I don't know about you but I am crying just
thinking about it.

I love them so much and I'm so glad that they saw that prayer was important right then. Jesus heard their prayers and answered them. I made sure they knew what He did because of their prayers.

Lord, may my girls always see the importance of prayer in their lives and how much of an impact it has on people around them. Allow them to stand in the gap for others and become fervent prayer warriors. Amen

1 comment:

rmslil said...

Your making me cry. You have raised such Godly children. God has blessed you.