Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

This is Ms. Clarice's* tree and it is over 40 years old.
It is the same kind of tree my Mamaw and Papaw had when I was growing up.

(*Shelby's piano teacher)


This week has been a whirlwind of activity with the aftermath of Christmas and the after holiday blahs. My parents got into town Wednesday after the threat of being snowed in at my brother's house. They were blessed with over a foot of snow starting Christmas night.


We have enjoying their company just spending time together. We were able to go to the Nativity Museum at the Upper Room Chapel downtown. They have over 100 creche from around the world. We were also able visit the Oryland Hotel to see all the changes they have made since the flood and the beautiful Christmas decorations.

Last night was our 4th annual New Year's Bash at Marvin and Sonia's house and it did not disappoint. We laughed, talked, played, laughed, ate, and laughed until almost 6 this morning.

Like 2008, 2009, and 2010, 2011 was rang in with a look back at God's blessings and a look forward to the blessed hope we have in the future. As we sat around the table playing games I was reminded of some of the struggles we have all endured this year. Some have been resolved and some we are carrying over to the new year.

I was also reminded of the awesome favor and grace we have been given that will flow endlessly over 2011. That thought should make us want to give Jesus our laud and honor. He truly is my Rock and my Shield. My ever present Help, my Comfort, my Deliverer.

Welcome, 2011! I'm ready for you.

1 comment:

RMSLIL said...

HAppy New Year! I meant to text you but my texts are nto going through again.