Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!



O wait a minute.... that was last week!!!

I think I'm behind.

Anyway, I hope y'all had an awesome Thanksgiving.

We did! We ate at Trevor's girlfriend's parent's house. I hope you followed that:) We ate, listened to Jessie and her family play music, sang, and ate.

It was a pretty relaxing day for the most part. Well, except for a few tears. No, not one of the girls. Not Mike. Me. Why? Because I'm a girl~~that's why. I can't even pin point an exact cause. If you had asked me on Thanksgiving it would have been because Mike said something that hurt my feelings but, a week later, I don't think that is what it was. I just think I needed a good cry and when you need a good cry it doesn't wait til a convenient time or day. Does it, ladies?

I'm all better now. Thanks for asking.

Moving on....

Our Christmas tree is up. Trevor and Jessie came over on Sunday afternoon and ate lunch. Then we went and got our tree. After we got it in the stand we watched Polar Express and some of us took naps. Then we decorated the tree and reminisced about the ornaments. I love it.

We have already done some Christmas-y things and there are lots more on the agenda. I'm going to try to blog about a couple. No promises.

Christmas shopping has to be a little more creative this year because Trevor is no longer at home for babysitting. We are doing a little more shopping on line this year.

Shelby had her first mini piano recital on Nov. 22. I call it mini because the whole thing didn't last more than 15 minutes. She has a choir performance on the 10th and a piano Christmas recital on the 16th. She has a lot of practice to get to in the next couple of weeks.

We have been watching family movies the past couple of nights and we've laughed til we cried. Abby was upset the first night because we were watching one that didn't have her in it~~because she wasn't born yet. So last night we watched one with her in it. She was about 9 1/2 months old and was whining a little and Abby got upset that we were just letting her whine. Mike and I cracked up. I told her that just because she was whining a little didn't mean she wanted to be picked up. She may just feel like fussing a little.

No comments: