Saturday, June 19, 2010

YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN ME

Today Mike, the girls, and I went to see Toy Story*3.

And I boo~hooed.

Like a big baby.

At the beginning.

And the end.

Why? You ask.

Because it hit just a little close to home.

When I say I cried, let me just say that my shirt was wet when I left the theater.

Get the picture?

It didn't help that all I saw when I looked at the screen is a certain little boy that was only 5 when the first one came out.

And I remembered the Woody costume that a certain little boy wore that Halloween back in '95.

I also saw a Mom letting go of her boy.

Letting him go.

Letting him fly.

See, tears~again!

We loved the movie.

It just hit a little too close to where I am right now.

And I cried.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I am teary eyed reading this!! You and your husband have done sucha wonderful job in the Lord raising your son! I know you are proud of him :) Love you!

Lazy D Ranch said...

Did the same thing! I had tears streaming down my cheeks as I thought about my son going off to establish his own life. But, I also cried at the thought of life going on...the toys moving on to their next adventure...just like my son, just like me, just like my family. It is always amazing to me that Pixar can pull off such great movies with fun graphics, funny dialog, and then mix it with emotional truths. Glad you liked it as much as we did.
~Heather
www.lazydranch8.blogspot.com