Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shelby~getting some practice.

Abby and Mulan
(Shelby thought she was too old to get in the picture~whatever~pshh)


I have had a lot of "stuff" rumbling around in my head lately. Some of it good. Some of it typical. Some of it downright scary and ugly.

I think I have done pretty well with Trevor's flight from the nest. I mean, really, I haven't bombarded his phone with calls. I haven't shown up at his apartment crying my eyes out. I haven't stayed in bed, curled up in the fetal position~AT ALL. I am adjusting. When I pick up my toothbrush from the cup where his toothbrush use to be I get a ping in my heart. My toothbrush looks so lonesome just sitting there by itself.

Moving on.

The girls and I are filling our summer days with the pool, reading, chores, VBS, camp, etc.. (The VBS and camp are filling their days not mine~my days are quiet then) They have been to church camp already and Music day camp is in July.

We read about the Gettysburg Address today after a trip to the pool. Abby keeps asking when school will be over and while "school" is technically over for us we still do a little bit of Math and we read, read, read. We have joined the reading programs at the library, Barnes and Noble, and Borders.

I am reading "Little Britches" by Ralph Moody to Shelby and "George and Martha: The Complete Stories of Two Best Friends" by James Marshall to Abby. I love reading books aloud to the girls. I hope they never get tired of it. Shelby reads her own books and Abby reads, too. There is just something about us sharing a book aloud that really is special.

I can't join the Borders or Barnes and Noble reading programs but the library has one for adults and I have been reading up a storm. I have read some historical fiction, listened to a book on CD that my friend Misti recommended, and a book about a yarn store. Have I mentioned I love to read?

Hopefully, I'll do better over the summer~~nahhh not even going to go there.

I'll see ya when I see ya!

No comments: