Saturday, December 26, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE NOODLES


December 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello from the Kernodle household. We have had great and wonderful things happen this year but we have also had struggles and setbacks. We have uncertain and scary times. Through all the ups, downs, ins, and outs we have clung to the One that holds it all and is worthy of all glory and praise.

Mike is finally done with college this year. He turned in his last paper over a week ago and except for an exit exam he is completely done. He will graduate in May with a Bachelor’s Degree in Pastoral Ministries. It has been a long journey but the Lord has given him strength to finish strong. We are praying that He will direct us where to go from here. Mike, the girls and I traveled to Alaska this summer to visit the mission work up there. We met the Wallaces and fell in love with them and the church there. We will be meeting with Home Missions about possibly going to help that mission work. We are seeking the Lord’s will.

I have been chief cook and bottle washer. Trying to keep everyone in clean clothes and eating with clean forksJ Mike always says I am the manager of our household so that is what I’ve been doing. Supporting and loving my husband is my main priority but I fall short a lot. The Lord is really uprooting many lies from Satan that I have believed for a long time and replacing them with His Truth. To be honest it can be quite painful at times but it is so necessary for my growth in the Lord.

Trevor graduated from High School this year and Mike and I couldn’t have been prouder. He has been working at Chickfila for almost 4 years and most weeks he works full time. He loves music and plays bass for our praise band at church. He hasn’t decided about college yet.

Shelby is almost 10 and loves to read, sing, and play on the computerJ. She makes us laugh when she talks with all kinds of funny accents. She is learning how to do lots of things in the kitchen. She is in a choir for 9 to 13 year olds at the music school she attends. She has read all the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” books and pretty much loves to read anything.

Abby is, well, Abby. I just got a text from my sister that said Abby didn’t want to eat breakfast there (Shelby and Abby are spending the night at her house) because Saturday is Pancake Day at our house and she didn’t want to miss it. I told my sister to tell her not to worry that we will have Pancake Sunday this week. Abby is almost 8 and keeps us on our toes. She marches to her own beat and we wouldn’t have it any other way. I wish you could see her when she wears her BIG, floppy hat and her Punky Brewster high tops to church.

This is a tiny bit of our lives over this past year and I wish we could sit and chat for hours with each one of you. We hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.


No comments: