Sunday, November 16, 2008

GIVING THANKS PART 10

I have not been keeping up with these posts like I wanted to.

Between our normal busyness we have had a bout with a stomach virus. Nice.

We started the One Vision missions conference today and it has been great so far. We had a banquet tonight and we served around 150 people. It was a three course meal and it went off without a hitch.

There were missionaries that spoke at the banquet and we had a wonderful turn out. The only thing we ran out of was tea and Trev made a Kroger run and bought 15 gallons:~)

Mike and I helped in the nursery this morning so we didn't get to hear the speaker. I am sure it was good.

Yesterday the girls helped serve food at a luncheon for the Merry Hearts, our senior adult group. After that they practiced the Christmas play. While they were there Mike and spent some time together. We went and looked at artificial Christmas trees and then we went to REI. It is one of Mike's favorite stores. Then we grabbed lunch at Five Guys. Their burgers are awesome.

Friday the girls had a birthday party to go to so we went to Opry Mills. The party was at Build-a-Bear Workshop and they had a blast. I got to chat with the other mothers for 2 hours. Mike went with us and did some window shopping. After the party we did some actual shopping. Shelby needed shoes and so did I.

Well, I guess I gave you the weekend synopsis backward.

Today I am thankful for:
  • missionaries
  • babies in the nursery.
  • the ability to serve.
  • iron that sharpens iron.
  • cold weather.

No comments: