Wednesday, May 14, 2008

PRAYER

There have been many, many people that have asked over the past month if there was anything they could do for us. And~really~ there wasn't a whole lot that could be done. Family was taking care of the kids, Mike was in the hospital and I was with him around the clock.

People came to visit and as they were leaving they slipped money in my hand. Those gifts were appreciated and I ate with that money til the last day Mike was in the hospital. Mike and I would cry after people left because they were so generous and thoughtful.

BUT~~ I believe prayer was what sustained us for that 3 week hospital stay. We know there were hundreds of people sending up prayers in our behalf. WE FELT EACH ONE!!! There were times we were too tired to pray, too busy to pray, too stressed to pray, too sad to pray~~ but we knew we were being lifted up. The Lord was answering the prayers of His people and He still is.

Mike and I are extremely thankful for every prayer uttered for us during this difficult time. We are fully aware that without the prayers of saints we would not have been able to endure these past weeks AND the weeks ahead would look bleak and foreboding.

We are trusting and leaning on Jesus and feeling the support of His people. He in His infinite wisdom allowed this to come into our lives and we are stretching and growing because of it. We will endure~not on our own strength but on His. We are weak~~I am talking limp as a dishrag. It is overwhelming at times. He is strong and nothing overwhelms Him. We will endure because of Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish there was more I could do to help you guys. I will call you after I get home from the wedding. I hope you received my package.

Love ya, Becky

Theresa said...

Prayers are still be said, daily. We love you all and know that He is Able.
Theresa