Tuesday, February 26, 2008

REFLECTION

Today was a good day for reflection. It is real dark here and dreary. I have three hours on Tuesday mornings to myself and I usually do my Bible study in the car.

I was reading Matthew 5~The Sermon on the Mount because our pastor is doing a sermon series about this chapter on Sunday nights. He asked us to read it each week and ask ourselves a couple questions~

  • What is the Lord trying to teach me?
  • Why did You lay this on Pastor Gladson's heart?

I have read that chapter before. I have had that chapter preached to me before.

Today it was like Jesus was sitting in the seat beside me talking to me. I am so honored to be able to hold the words of my dear Savior in my hands.

I have been weighted down by some things recently and I felt a huge weight just lift off my shoulders as I sought to get closer to Jesus through the sermon He spoke.

Jesus is all the world to me, my life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day, without Him I would fall.
When I am sad, to Him I go, no other one can cheer me so;
When I am sad, He makes me glad, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, my Friend in trials sore;
I go to Him for blessings, and He gives them over and o’er.
He sends the sunshine and the rain, He sends the harvest’s golden grain;
Sunshine and rain, harvest of grain, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, and true to Him I’ll be;
O how could I this Friend deny, when He’s so true to me?
Following Him I know I’m right, He watches o’er me day and night;
Following Him by day and night, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, I want no better Friend;
I trust Him now, I’ll trust Him when life’s fleeting days shall end.
Beautiful life with such a Friend, beautiful life that has no end;
Eternal life, eternal joy, He’s my Friend.



1 comment:

Jessie said...

What an encouragement. Thanks for sharing! Love ya.