Thursday, February 7, 2008

JOY OF FREEDOM

I read this article by Andree Seu last night before going to bed.

It spoke to me on so many levels.

One passage that really spoke to me was~
"Plead with her from the light, and paint a picture of the joy of freedom, but she will block her ears and shut her eyes, for the light understands the darkness, but the darkness doesn't comprehend the light. But let us imagine better possibilities, things pertaining to salvation (Heb. 6:9) The woman receives unmerited favor from above. The light that has often tried to break in upon her, she one day sees and rather than refusing it again, seizes it. The hardest part is this first crossing of the great divide. She believes and surrenders to the love of the Trinitarian God. What she thought would kill her does not. "

These words were so powerful to me.

I can't say I have always painted a picture of the joy of freedom. Instead, I think I paint a picture of bondage way too often. I want to be living in the joy of freedom because I am free!! Free from all this world holds dear. Free to love without need. Christ fulfills all the needs in us if we let Him.

"Heaven has already begun. Already all our need are met, and we can love because we don't need. We can also have joy that is not hostage to another's insistence on misery. Already "the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining"(I John 2:8) Why wait another hour? " For freedom Christ has set us free" (Galatians 5:1)"

HALLELUJAH!! Thank you, Jesus!!!

*if you do not receive World magazine please consider subscribing. It is news through Biblical worldview and it is awesome.*

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love that magazine. My neighbor is kind enough to send me her issues when she is done reading them. It is awesome!