Thursday, September 13, 2007

AT A LOSS FOR WORDS!!

*Update~if you want to read more in depth notes from Deeper Still go to Boomama and she will direct you where you need to go. Keep on keepin' on, sistas!!!

Now, if you know me in real life, you know that it must be something big, right? I have been trying for 4 days to write a post about this and I have just now been able to sit here and do it. I have been at a loss for words that would do this past weekend justice. I have made a feeble attempt but here goes~~~~~

I went to Deeper Still The Event Friday and Saturday with my good friend Debbie.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I received a rhema (that is "word" in Greek)

I didn't want to leave!!! The music was great. We got to see Mandisa, live and rocking the house. Well, we were at the Curb Center at Belmont University but she rocked it!! Also, the praise band was great and Anthony Evans is awesome.

Let's see how many times I can use the words awesome and great in this post.

Priscilla Shirer talked about David knowing who he was and whose he was. I am telling you right now the Holy Spirit met us right there Friday night! I could have jumped out of my seat and ran the aisles!! She was giving us words that God wanted us to hear.

Beth Moore talked about cooperating with God, returning to whole-hearted obedience, and having the courage to see the fulfillment of God's promise to you. Again, she brought us the Word of God. I could have shouted that place down.

Kay Arthur talked about being at a crossroads and using David as an example of having many crossroads in his life. She, also, brought us the the Word of God. Again, the Spirit was evident when she spoke.

I don't want to even try to post all the notes I took and all the things that God has given me to "chew" on. I got some meat from these ladies this weekend and I will chewing for awhile to actually swallow it all.

Two things that really impressed me this weekend was:
1) they did not promote their books. In fact, it was said that to hear from the Lord don't read their books you need to read your Bible.
2)we had a question and answers session. One of the ladies in the crowd asked how to get her husband to speak her love language. Kay Arthur said just start speaking his and he will be so full and overflowing that he will want to start speaking yours. She also said have s*x with him. She said, "Ladies. our bodies are not our own!!" People, that is from Scripture! Nowadays women don't want to hear that but it is the truth. When you are married your body belongs to your spouse. That is not popular thinking but it is Biblical thinking.

Oh yeah, one more thing, my pretend BFF Lisa Whelchel was there. That was an added treat. She doesn't know it but we are BFF in my pretend world.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to got this weekend. Thanks to Mike for doing without me for a whole Saturday and doing it lovingly. Thanks to Debbie for getting the tickets and being excited with me.

No comments: