Tuesday, August 14, 2007

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

*UPDATE~took Abby to the dentist for her routine cleaning and she gagged and threw up all over herself in the dentist's chair. I am going to go to bed and pull the covers over my head!!!! You have to laugh at it all or you will go insane, right?????

I am having a pity party today!! We got up early and everyone was in a good mood. We were going to take Trevor to the orthodontist and run some errands. We are running right on time. We are on our way and Mike looks at the gauges and says the battery light is on.

This is a problem but,hey whatever. We turn around and go back home. We decide Trevor and I will take Mike's Explorer and he will stay home with the girls. No problem, right? The AC is out in the Explorer and it is 1,000 degrees out here.

Okay, no problem we will just ride with the windows down the 25 miles we need to drive. Never mind that by the time we get there with the mixture of wind, sweat, and humidity I will have an afro. And, yes, I know Corbin Bleu looked oh do very cute in High School Musical with his sweet hairdo, on a 34 year old white woman~~not so cute!!!!

We get there in time for the appointment and Trevor goes back. Chick fil a calls to see if he can come in early. Hey, NO PROBLEM!! We can get there in plenty of time. We only have one more errand to run. EXCEPT~I had to make not 1 but 2, count 'em 2, back tracks because I didn't realize there was no exit going south for the road we needed to be on!!!!

We got to the second errand in plenty of time~~until they needed MORE paper work on top of what I had already efficiently done at home. UGGHHH! Okay, no problem. Then I find out I have to write 8, yes 8, checks to be deposit on the first of each month for the next 8 months. I am now looking at the clock and shaking my head. I tell Trev~call work and tell them you will be there as soon as you can. Him~ "Sorry mom your battery is low and it won't let me through." Me~" Where is your cell phone ?" Him~"I forgot it at home." Deep breaths in through the nose out through the mouth.

FINALLY, we are on our way. Guess what? I need gas or we will be sitting on the side of the interstate with no one to come get us because Mike can't use the van. SO~ we get off at an exit that I am sure has a gas station. Guess what? First gas station has no gas, second gas station has no gas!!! What are the odds? Get gas~after a few choice words.

Drive like a mad woman just to get Trev to work ON TIME, not early. So much for getting there early. Ahh, I am almost home and I need a big ol' Diet Dr. Pepper. As soon as I walk in the door Shelby says,"I am hungry and Dad said to wait til you got home." AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost it!!!! Crying, fussing, slamming stuff around (got a paper cut from the papers I was carrying) Then I had to apologize.

No problem, I get a new chance tomorrow. Lord willing.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I knew I needed to call you yesterday! Although, I think we might have both run away! Thank the good Lord today is a new day!
Love you bunches!