Saturday, June 16, 2007

WITH A FRIEND TO CALL MY OWN, I'LL NEVER BE ALONE AND YOU MY FRIEND WILL SEE YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN ME

*Christel, If you are reading this you will recognize the title as lyrics from Ben by Michael Jackson. I will never forget laying out in the sun on the hill behind your house ,using baby oil to maximize our tans and listening to that MJ cassette over and over and over!!! Beautiful memories!! Love ya!!!

I don't know if it is the post over at lots of scotts but I have been thinking a lot about my friends that I have had for years and years. I have been weepy for some reason today (no, I'm not pregnant! :~) When we went to pick up Trevor today from camp they did a recital and a little musical and I was weepy. Now, if it had been sad or morose that would be understandable.

BUT, NO!! It was Schoolhouse Rock!!! FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!

Come. On. Now!!

Anywho, I have been thinking about some really fond memories. Becky, Trevor, and I going to the Pottery to shop for my wedding. Being at the hospital when Emily was born. She just celebrated a birthday. Her Mom wrote about it over at seven4heaven. Sharing some great times with D&D at church and elsewhere. Going out to dinner with S&M. And, I could go on and on and on. I am blessed. I love all of you!

I am thankful for all the wonderful, "old" friendships that I have. Then there are the new ones. My good friend Ruthie that I spent all day with on Tuesday and then finding out on Wednesday that her Dad had passed away. Heart wrenching!! Her Mom died in January and now this. I am utterly without words for her. I am praying earnestly for her and her family.

The Lord says He is a Friend who sticks closer than a brother and I know that is true. I am also glad that He sends friends our way to enrich our lives , sharpen us like iron, and helps carry us when we cannot walk ourselves. Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get like that too. Reminds me of Michael W Smith song, "Friends"

Friends are Friends forever if the Lords the Lord Of them
A friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end....
A lifetimes not too long to live as friends.
Love ya,
Becky