Thursday, April 5, 2007

There are a few things....

I want to share with you that I have been studying for a couple of months. I started a study on a book titled "Loving Your Husband". I have learned a lot while reading and answering the questions. I wanted to share a couple of the quotes that really spoke to me.

"The Scriptures describe a giving love~a love that says,"Whatever I have, I want to share with you, and want you to be what God meant you to be." It is a love that takes first things first as far as the other person is concerned. We can see immediately that this kind of love is not emotional. One does not fall in and then out of this kind of love. It is love of the will. It is something addressed to our volition. We do it because we make ourselves do it. We order ourselves. Because of Christ, we are motivated to love. We do not wait for attraction or like interests." ~Arthur H. DeKruyter


"Love can be expressed through patience, tolerance for the failings of your husband, meeting his needs, and by avoiding criticism. Love does not demand, it gives. Your own need for love can make you unlovable if it expressed in a demanding or martyred manner. Marriage is the most difficult of all human relationships, and it requires patience, skill, tact, and emotional and spiritual growth. You can "grow a good marriage" if you are willing to work at it."~Cecil Osborne


There were many more things that spoke to me in this book. It takes I Cor. 13:1-7 and helps you break it down in terms of loving your husband. I felt like I was reading it for the first time, in relation to my husband.

I have had this book for awhile and I started it a few years ago. I was cleaning off my bookshelves and came across it again. I am glad that I decided to pick it up and read it. I want to continually work on my marriage and strive to be the wife God has called me to be.

"Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path...." Psalm 27:11

No comments: