Thursday, January 18, 2007

Last Night

Last night was the last night of our revival and it was very good. I have enjoyed the last 4 nights and I really got a lot out of the sermons. I have to say though that I am glad to be able to stay home tonight. It is cold outside and it has been dark all day. I am glad I don't have to rush around and get the kids ready. We can just leisurely eat supper and stay inside where it is warm.

The other day, Dh, the girls, and I were at the store. The oldest Dd was talking to her Daddy about something~he was correcting something she had said. All of a sudden, she blurts out, "I hate the rightness of grown ups." Her Daddy was quite surprised. It was hard not to laugh. I wondered where she came up with that.

Well, I had gotten the book on tape "Ramona the Pest" and that is where that quote came from. We were listening to it in her room and there it was. I started laughing because it could have very well been an original quote from my Dd and if I hadn't heard it on the tape I might have forever thought it was an original.

I can see myself 20 years from now saying " Darling, do you remember 20 years ago when we were in the store and Dd said that witty,witty thing?" And my Dh saying, "Oh yes, dear! She was so witty to say that at just the right time."(In my head these quotes are in a British accent for some reason!!) And it all being a lie because she got it out of a book.

She didn't come up with the witty saying~~Although, she did say it at just the right time in the conversation~~so, she really is witty!!! What can I say? She is such a witty girl!!!! Can you tell I like to type witty? LOL

No comments: