Saturday, December 3, 2011


On the Sunday after Thanksgiving we went to Cofers Chapel. We were so excited to worship there again. It did not disappoint. Jacob does a wonderful job with the music and Pastor Mike brought a great message despite an abscess tooth.

Jessie's parents and my sister came to church with us. We filled an entire pew:) We were able to see lots of our friends and that was so wonderful. Abby and Shelby went home with their friend, Jaden and spent the afternoon with his family.

Trev, Jessie, John, Sue, and Mary went with Mike and I to the Loveless Cafe. It was great, as usual. It was so nice to be able to talk and just enjoy being together. It was cold and rainy outside but it was warm and toasty inside.

Mike and I were suffering from a cold so we were ready to rest when we got back to the hotel. We laid down but didn't take a nap.

Trevor found an old barber chair next to a dumpster and wanted me to help him recover the cushions so we went and helped him. He and I were able to get the bottom covered but the back of the chair was going to need some work. We were going to go pick up the girls and head to Opryland Hotel to see the Christmas decorations but we ended up spending some time with the Davies. They had ordered pizzas and wanted us to share a meal with them.

When we took Trev and Jessie back to her house we hung out with them and Zadie, Bandit, and Kung Meow. I honestly didn't want to leave but Trev had to go to work at 5:30 the next morning and everyone was tired. Including me, I just didn't want the visit to end.

The next morning we were moving really slow. Mike felt worse and I didn't want to leave:) We finally got the van packed and headed to Chickfila for breakfast and to say goodbye to Trevor. I was a mess. I cried from the time Mike started the van til we pulled in the parking lot. Mike had to order our food because I couldn't do it. The lady that works there came over to bring our drinks, she took one look at me and ran away.

Thankfully, Mr. Beem, William, and Edwin came in at that moment. They were the perfect distraction to help me get my mind off having to tell Trevor goodbye. I held it together when Trevor came out and I was so proud of myself. Those hugs are so much more meaningful now that I get so few of them. I just want to hold on tighter and longer.

The trip back was rainy and cold. Thankfully, it was uneventful and no traffic. We didn't take any detours and made the trip in 11 hours. It was good to be home but I miss Nashville. The people there are my family and I love them. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. It makes this life so much richer.

No comments: