Monday, July 28, 2008

IT HIT HOME

Yesterday we had a "guest" preacher at our church. He is a member of our church so he really isn't a guest. Our Pastor and his team were on a staff retreat.

Anyway~one thing that Dr. Pic said that really hit home to me was this, "I think the greatest sin is the sin of self sufficiency."

Oh my!! I am so guilty of self sufficiency at times~~ everything is going good~~Sweet Jesus gets put on the back burner. What a horrible thing to do to Him. Lord, forgive me.

I want more of Jesus ALL the time not just when things are a mess and there's nothing I can do. I want more when my kids are acting like they should and we get a good report from my husband's doctor. I want more when there is money in the bank not just when there is $5 to live on til the next paycheck.

Lord, please remind me of this wonderful message daily!! I want more of You all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Jen, I am guilty too.


Becky

Jessie said...

If we are all honest, we are all guilty of that from time to time. It is an easy thing to fall into. Thanks for the great post...and comment :) I really appreciate it. Love you!!