Wednesday, October 24, 2007

IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS???

My 10 year old nephew had emergency surgery in the middle of the night last night. Apparently his appendix decided it no longer wanted to be a part of his body and wanted out.

My brother and his wife got to sleep in the oh so comfy chairs at the hospital and I am sure they got the best night's sleep of their life.

We just talked to him on the phone and he sounds tired but good. He has been playing Playstation. That is one of the advantages of being at a children's hospital. My SIL said that the nurses have come in and asked if he wants pain medication and he has told them no. That is, until he got up and walked around. He decided morphine wouldn't be so bad after all.

He is a real trooper!! That boy is a BIG ball of energy. He gets that from his Daddy. Believe me! When my brother was little you couldn't tie him down with steel chains!! He was ALWAYS doing something! That boy couldn't sit still to save his life.

I, of course, was the complete opposite. I didn't like to run because I didn't like exerting all that energy and I hated to sweat. Yes, I was a true little southern miss. I didn't like sports. I didn't like to get dirty and I didn't care for anything that made me break a sweat.

I am thankful the Lord has answered our prayers. Steven seems to be on the mend and I am grateful that my SIL was able to act quickly before it got worse.

No comments: