Tuesday, September 4, 2007


We started our tutorial today. I was proud of myself for preparing last night. I laid out clothes, took out breakfast burritos to thaw (recipe over at A New Chelsea Morning), made sure we had our backpacks filled, and did my little cheerleading routine about how much fun we were going to have.

Getting up and getting started went real well. ( A side note: my kids are late sleepers, well, Abby gets up before Trevor and Shelby, but she sleeps till 8 usually) We made it there 20 minutes early, which, again is great for us considering the church is 30 minutes away and we are ALWAYS running behind.

We found where Trevor was supposed to go, then we found the girls' teachers and got their name tags. Abby's tag said Abigail and I had to tell the teacher that she goes by Abby. Not a problem! I only call her Abigail when she is in trouble so I didn't want her to think she was in trouble all day.

Shelby didn't need me at all. She was already in deep conversation with another little girl in her class. I took lots of pictures. I didn't get any of Trevor. He would have been mortified if I had started snapping pictures in front of all those high school kids.

I have three hours to kill while they are in their classes so what's a girl to do with three hours of free time in the morning. Go to Goodwill!! That's right!! I found some sweet little things that were just too cheap to pass up.

I got 4 plates, a carafe with grapes on it, 2 white cotton pillowcases that feel like heaven~brand-new I might add, and a large light pink cloth napkin to put on Abby's dresser as a doily. All for $7.02.

One of the plates has a neat hand painted Oriental pattern that I will use when we have Chinese food. The other three plates have cute little snowmen on them and they will be used as Christmas presents when we add cookies to them.

After looking over everything at Goodwill, I stopped at Jack in the Box for a Diet Coke and a little bit of reading time.

The girls loved their classes and Trevor gave me the typical cool teenager response, "It was okay."

When I went to pick the kids up, the girls were so excited to tell me what they had done. Abby said, "Mommy, it was fantastic!!" Shelby didn't want to leave. We were back home by 12:45. We ate lunch and talked about EVERYTHING that went on at school.

No comments: