Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Thoughts About Recent Events

I had a post I thought about writing but I think I will hold off. I don't feel much like writing a fun post today.

The VT tragedy, my Dad's health issues, Heather's illness, and other things have been weighing heavy on my heart. I am praying for these things, but don't it feel overwhelming sometimes? I am so glad I can go to the One that is in control of EVERYTHING.

I don't have to worry, fret, or despair because God knows what is going on. I can't stand that song Bette Midler sings, "From A Distance" The lyrics say, in essence, that God has no idea what is really going on here on Earth. That He thinks everything is great and wonderful when it really isn't.

If I may be so bold~~~BALONEY!!!! God knows exactly what is going on here and NOTHING surprises Him. He knows what has happened in the past and He knows what will happen in the future.

I am well aware that there is evil in this world and there are powerful evil forces waring against good. I know that man has a choice to accept Christ and war with the good or he chooses to go his own way. We have an innate sinful nature that we don't have to work at. We are born with it. We do have to work at righteousness.The only way we can be righteous is through Christ.

For the wisdom of the flesh is death: but the wisdom of the spirit is life and peace.
Because the wisdom of the flesh is an enemy to God. For it is not subject to the law of God: neither can it be.
And they who are in the flesh cannot please God.
But you are not in the flesh, but the spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body indeed is dead, because of sin: but the spirit liveth, because of justification.
And if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you; he that raised up Jesus Christ, from the dead shall quicken also your mortal bodies, because of his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Romans 8:6-11

No comments: