Monday, March 19, 2007

These Days....

are filled with school and play. These awesome spring days are just what we need after a long winter!!! Mike's Spring Break ended today and I am sad about that. He and I spent a lot of time last week, in between schooling and sleep, reorganizing the garage. We got rid of some stuff and packed away other stuff.

One thing we came across was the bassinet. I took everything off of the frame and washed it. I started thinking about that bassinet and whether I should get rid of it. See, I am unsure whether we will have any more children. Not because I don't want another one but, because we have left the decision up to the Lord whether we have another baby or not.

When I was trying to get pregnant for five years it almost consumed me! I thought about it almost all the time. It was always in the back of my mind. Finally, Mike and I decided we needed to have an outlet so we started certification for foster parenting.

We got our foster son and had him for 3 months until his family could take him. During that time I found out I was pregnant! We were so excited!! Then, I got pregnant with my third child when my middle child was around 15 months old! TOTAL SHOCK!! We just didn't think that I would get pregnant that soon with 9 years between our first and second child.

I am so ready to just let the Lord have His way in the size of our family. I look at that bassinet with wonder, not desperate longing. I have had the desperate longing and it was agonizing. I wonder what God has in store for us. I wonder what God will use in our family for His glory. I wonder if He will fill that bassinet again. I am okay with whatever He has for me and I like to wonder.

wonder-1. a person, thing, or event that causes astonishment, and admiration, marvel 2. the feeling of surprise, admiration, and awe aroused by something strange, unexpected, incredible, etc.

No comments: